Last year’s trek raised $15,000 to give away. The grants committee reviewed grant requests totaling $26,402 in asks, so we had our work cut out for us!
Here’s how the money was divided:
- Near West Recreation: $3,500 to create co-ed volleyball leagues and expand the current basketball leagues to serve 275 kids in 6 near west neighborhoods.
- Tremont signage & flags: $1,840 to expand Tremont’s way-finding signage and buy festive flags to ring Lincoln Park and span Professor Avenue.
- Tremont’s Arts in August: $2,500 to help underwrite the cost of producing live performances in Lincoln Park three of the weekends in August, including free performances by Verb Ballet, CPT’s STEP, Cleveland Shakespeare Festival, GroundWorks Dance Theater, Cleveland Jazz Orchestra and Inlet Dance Theater, as well as a dance movement class for kids.
- Repairs to Lincoln Park Gazebo: $400 to help fund a dedicated Tremont neighbor’s efforts to keep the Lincoln Park gazebo in good repair. This individual volunteers his time to make regular repairs and touch up the paint.
- Tremont Gardeners: $1,000 to update plantings in Lincoln Park. The gardeners are 100% volunteer and depend entirely on fundraisers to maintain the park plantings. The city of Cleveland only cuts the grass and empties the trash.
- Merrick House Harvest Celebration: $812 to underwrite the cost of an event in August that showcases their Learning Garden, including healthy cooking demonstrations and tours led by student gardeners.
- Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival: $2,000 to help underwrite cultural & ethnic dance performances in the Children’s & Youth Village at the Arts & Cultural Festival in Lincoln Park the third weekend in September.
- Walkabout Tremont maps: $1,800 to reprint maps for the very popular 2016-2017 WalkAbout Tremont events.
- Arts Renaissance Tremont: $1,000 to help underwrite the cost of the classical and jazz concerts provided as part of the annual event.
We look forward to seeing everyone at this year’s event – save the date 6/17/17!