Last year’s trek raised $14,000 to give away. The grants committee reviewed grant requests totaling $29,700 in asks, so we had our work cut out for us!
Here’s how the money was divided:
- Near West Recreation: $750 to create co-ed volleyball leagues and expand the current basketball leagues to serve 275 kids in 6 near west neighborhoods.
- Lucky Park Project: $500 for updates and repairs to Lucky Park, including replacing lightbulbs, landscaping, and general cleanup and repair.
- Tremont’s Arts in August: $2,000 to help underwrite the cost of producing live performances in Lincoln Park three of the weekends in August, including free performances by Verb Ballet, CPT’s STEP, Cleveland Shakespeare Festival, GroundWorks Dance Theater, Cleveland Jazz Orchestra and Inlet Dance Theater, as well as a dance movement class for kids.
- Christmas Snowflakes: $1,050 to extend the festive holiday snowflake lights onto Starkweather Ave.
- Central Tremont Block Club – Building Benches not Walls: $4,200 to build a titled concrete bench outside the Tremont General Store as a complement to the almost-completed Tremont leg of the towpath. Riders can swing into the Tremont General store, grab a drink or a snack, and enjoy a break sitting on the bench and people watching on Professor Ave.
- Merrick House Tremont Moves: $1,000 to underwrite the cost of an event in August.
- Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival: $2,500 to help underwrite cultural & ethnic dance performances in the Children’s & Youth Village at the Arts & Cultural Festival in Lincoln Park the third weekend in September.
- Walkabout Tremont maps: $500 to reprint maps for the very popular 2018-2019 WalkAbout Tremont events.
- Arts Renaissance Tremont: $750 to help underwrite the cost of the classical and jazz concerts provided as part of the annual event.
We look forward to seeing everyone at this year’s event – save the date 6/9/18!