About

The Tremont Trek home tour, founded in 2002, was designed to showcase the vibrancy of the Tremont neighborhood and spotlight the fabulous restaurants, art galleries & shops, and diversity of architecture.

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW

Originally intended to connect neighbors through a lively progressive dinner party at six different private homes, much to the delight of the Trek committee, more than 80% of the home tour guests each year are suburbanites, curious to see what is happening in this hip urban neighborhood.

Each year the Tremont Trek Home Tour awards grants to the people, causes & organizations working to improve the quality of life for residents, visitors and businesses in our neighborhood. The majority of the monies given out (55%) each year are designated for transformational projects that will have a long-term impact on the community and the remainder (45%) to provide support to on-going programs & events and smaller initiatives.

More than $100,000 has been given out since Trek started in 2002. Last year’s grant recipients were: Arts in August, Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival, monies to repair a garden shed and provide seed money for tools and insect hotels for the W. 14th Street Garden; and Cleveland MetroParks to build, install & maintain a info kiosk/water station at the Towpath trailhead near University Road which will be installed after the Innerbelt Bridge construction is complete this fall.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s